One of the finest luxury spa hotels in the UK. Bailiffscourt is a truly unique property set in its own 30 acres of private parkland leading to Climping Beach. With 39 beautiful bedrooms, tucked away cosy lounges, log fires an award winning spa, it is the perfect country retreat to relax and unwind.
OPL Exclusive details
View special offers
Stay in a Climping or Climping Original room and receive:
- Three course dinner for two each evening for the Climping Menu (value £53.50pp)
- £60 spa treatment voucher per room per night (not included for Saturday stays)
- Full English breakfast daily
- Full and complimentary use of all spa facilities throughout your stay
- Within 4 days of arrival date this package is non amendable and non refundable if cancelled Please refer to the coronavirus tab on our website for the latest information on spa opening and access
- Unique luxury hotel just a few hundred metres from the sea
- Fine Spa with indoor & outdoor pools offering wide ranging treatments
- Elegant award winning Tapestry restaurant
- Stylish elegant bedrooms
- Family friendly
- The beach is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It is however a shingle beach.
Four Poster Bed
CD Player in Rooms
Satellite TV in Rooms
Dogs May Be Accepted by Prior Arrangement
Good to know
Hotel check-in time: 3:00 PM
Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
7am-10am Mon- Fri
8am-10am Sat & Sun
12pm – 3pm
6.30pm – 9pm
12pm – 6pm
Complimentary parking available
The hotel 1 fully accessible Climping room located on the ground floor with a wet room.
Children welcome, specific child swimming hours in the spa please check with the hotel. Special Jaques games available for both indoor and outdoor use. Children under 2 are free, cots can be provided at £25.00
They offer family swim times from 10.00am to 11.00am and 3.30pm to 5.00pm every day
The hotel boasts 30 acres of private parkland, leading to Climping beach.
History of the hotel
With all the appearance of an ancient manor house, Bailiffscourt's best-kept secret is that until 1927 it didn't exist. It was designed for Lord Moyne, then Walter Guinness of the brewing family, by the antiquarian and architect, Amyas Phillips.
His brief was to recreate a house in the medieval style, which was favoured by Lord Moyne's wife Evelyn. Phillips searched the country for original stone, woodwork, doors, windows and fireplaces, bringing them all together at Climping to create the exquisite country house and park that we see today.
Throughout the 1930's, Bailiffscourt played host to the high society of the day until the death of Lady Moyne in 1939, and in 1948 it became a privately owned hotel and in 1993 Historic Sussex Hotels bought and lovingly restored Bailiffscourt.
Dogs are welcome in Superior rooms and above categories at £25 per dog per night. They are welcome in the lounge but not the restaurant or spa
View special offers or book now