Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa nr Alnwick, Northumberland
4 star luxury country spa hotel in NorthumberlandBook
Member since 2017
Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa is an AA 4 red star luxury hotel set on a private 10 acre estate in the rolling Northumbrian countryside, make sure to visit the Maze for a fun experience. Offering stylish guest bedrooms, sumptuous fine dining and excellent leisure facilities, Doxford is an ideal choice for a romantic break away.
OPL Exclusive details
Luxury Lazy Break - Executive Room
From £93.08 pppn for a 7 night stay, to £126.50 pppn for a 1 night stay
Stay in an Executive room and receive:
- Chilled glass of Prosecco each (value £15)
- Dinner for two on the first evening (£45pp allowance)
- Full English breakfast daily
- Complimentary late check out at midday (£25)
- Complimentary room upgrade, subject to availability on the day of arrival
There are 6 special offers to choose from for this hotel.
View all offers?
- AA 4 red star country hotel
- Spa - swimming pool, spa bath, sauna, steam room & treatments
- AA rosette fine dining restaurant
- 45 minutes north of Newcastle and close to the coast
- Elegant luxury guest rooms
- Manicured gardens
- Only Classic bedrooms can be twinned.
- Doxford Hall is the perfect location to enjoy shooting in Northumberland. The hotel has its own luxury gun room for cleaning and safe storage during your stay.
- Northumberland provides excellent horse-riding for all abilities with miles of quiet country lanes, bridleways and open countryside.
How to find Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa
Doxford Hall Hotel & Spa
Good to know
Hotel check-in time:
Hotel check-out time:
8am - 10am daily
12pm - 2:30pm daily
6:30pm - 9:30pm daily
2:30pm - 5pm daily
Plenty of free on site parking
There are some disability friendly rooms. Call OPL on 0333 2125 594 for more advice. There is a lift in the hotel.
Children are welcome
Children under 2 years old stay free
Children under 12 years are charged £25 per night for the extra bed (1 max per room)
Children can use the swimming pool only, this may be restricted during busy times
The country house is set in 10 acres of private estate grounds just 15 mins drive north of Alnwick
History of the hotel
The first reference to the parish of Doxford goes back to 1296 when a Thomas de Doxford was named in a muster roll and the Doxford family continued in the parish rolls until 1635 when Robert Doxford. The estate then passed through various hands, including the Brown's of Callaly. By 1811 the estate had passed to Miss Mary Taylor, who left Doxford to her relation Henry Aynsley who subsequently changed his name to Henry Taylor. In 1817 he commissioned John Dobson, a Newcastle architect who became one of the most respected and sought after architects in the North-East, to build Doxford Hall, one of his earliest and finest houses which was completed in 1818
Dogs are accepted in some rooms.
The charge is £15 per dog, per night.
Please call our reservations team on 0333 2125 594 to check if a dog friendly room is available for your dates.
Other UK hotels that may be of interest
You can book any hotel break through our secure online booking system.
If you have any queries please check our FAQs. We accept the following credit and debit cards: